Recipe courtesy of Brittany Stager, My Daily Randomness.
Meaty crimini mushrooms are finely chopped, quickly sauteed and then combined with lean ground beef to make a BIG burger that doesn’t skimp on flavour!
1 lb. fresh crimini mushrooms, finely chopped and cooked
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1/2 tsp dehydrated minced garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dehydrated minced onion
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
1. In a food processor, finely chop mushrooms.
2. In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, cook chopped mushrooms until most of the moisture has been evaporated, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl combine cooled mushrooms, beef, breadcrumbs, egg, and spices. Using your hands mix until incorporated.
4. Form into patties, and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Place burger patty on buns and top crumbled blue cheese, and any other toppings you desire. Serve hot!