Recipe courtesy of Mushroom Council.
This beef and mushroom chili is quick and easy. Add in elbow macaroni for a delicious, one pot meal.
½ lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 package chilli seasoning
1 can beef broth
1 can (15.5 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
1 can tomato paste
1 cup medium salsa
2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
Garnishes: Shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
1. Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a large saucepan, brown meat and mushrooms with chilli seasoning.
3. Add broth, kidney beans, tomato paste, salsa, and macaroni to saucepan; mix well.
4. Bring mixture to boil and cover. Continue to simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and cilantro.