Recipe courtesy of Angie Wright, Friday Is Cake Night.
This Bacon Double Cheeseburger Tart uses finely chopped Mushrooms added with ground beef to extend portions and add another serving of vegetables to dinner.
2 squares puffed pastry thawed
1 medium onion
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
4 thick slices of bacon
1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar blend cheese
Arugula to garnish
1. Peel and slice the onion
2. In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onions to the oil, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Set the onions aside in a bowl.
4. Cook the bacon and dice into small pieces. Set aside
5. Clean the mushrooms and pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
6. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan along with the ground beef. Cook until no longer pink.
7. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
8. Roll both squares of the puffed pastry into roughly 9×13 sizes
9. Top with pizza sauce, beef mixture, bacon and onions. Finish with the grated cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
10. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
11. Garnish with Arugula.